quinta-feira, 5 de janeiro de 2017

Love songs


I've been so many places in my life and time
I've sung a lot of songs and I've made some bad rhyme
I've acted out my love on stages, with millions people watching me
Now we're alone and now I'm singin' this song to you

I love you in a place where there's no space and time
I love you for my life, you are a friend of mine
And when my life is over, remember when we were together
We were alone and I was singin' this song to you

You taught me precious secrets of the truth, withholdin' nothin'
You came out in front and I was hide, hiding
But now I'm so much better, if my words don't come together
Listen to the melody, because my love is in there hiding

I know your image of me is not what I hoped to be
I treated you unkindly baby, oh can't you see?
There's no one more important to me, please can't you see through me?
Now we're alone and I'm singin' this song to you

Now we're alone and I'm singin' this song to you
Now we're alone and I'm singin' this song, I'm singin' it to you
Yes I am, I'm singin' to you, baby

Singin' to you, baby, only you baby
Ohh yeah, I'm singin' this song for you
Leon Russell

Aretha Franklin,  em A Song for you , do Álbum Let Me In Your Life (1974), com Ralph MacDonald (percussion); Bob James (organ); Aretha Franklin (electric piano); Bernard Purdie (drums); Willie Weeks (bass). Ilustração de  Richard Blunt. Label - Atlantic Records

Aretha Franklin  em  What I Did For Love. Imagens extraídas do filme Sweet November [Warner Bros.], de 2001, com  Keanu Reeves e Charlize Theron e direcção de   Pat O'Connor.
Canção escrita por  Edward Kleban e Marvin Hamlisch, do Álbum "Sweet Passion" , gravado em  1977 pela Atlantic Recording Corporation.


Tell me dear, are you lonesome tonight?
I wonder if you're lonesome tonight
You know someone said that the world's a stage
And each must play a part.

Fate had me playing in love you as my sweet heart.
Act one was when we met, I loved you at first glance
You read your line so cleverly and never missed a cue
Then came act two, you seemed to change and you acted strange

And why I'll never know.
Honey, you lied when you said you loved me
And I had no cause to doubt you.
But I'd rather go on hearing your lies

Than go on living without you.
Now the stage is bare and I'm standing there
With emptiness all around
And if you won't come back to me 

Then make them bring the curtain down.
Is your heart filled with pain, shall I come back again?

Tell me dear, are you lonesome tonight?
Elvis Presley e  Norah Jones, em  Are You Lonesome Tonight. Imagens do filme The Great Gatsby, 1974,  com  Mia Farrow  e Robert Redford.  A direcção é de Jack Clayton, baseado no livro de F. Scott Fitzgerald de 1925, The Great Gatsby.
Lianne La Havas, em  Say a Little Prayer (Live).

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário